Keep Walking: The Climb



Leaving far behind the placid plain,
and standing there at the base of the range,
Fully geared and ready on my feet,
staring wide, straight at the peak.

Home was warm and had everything I need.
It was my playground, my school, my world indeed,
and so it always will be, but this is my time,
I stand here today 'cause I have a mountain to climb.

. . .

I start of my journey with an incredible high,
My strides have vigor as I aim for the sky.
The path carves out magically at my behest.
and the nature too is at its colorful best.

The pines of this boulevard reach a dizzying height.
Through the clear blue heavens, the sun shines bright.
The afar clouds and the snow caps are looking sublime,
and that's where I'm heading, I have a mountain to climb.

. . .

The breeze turns to blizzard, the paths are blind curves.
Grit drives me onward as I dig for my reserves
Been forging the assent for what feels like ages,
and I've reached a place which belongs to the sages.

There's singularity of thought, mind devoid of its clatters,
Determining the next step, that's  all that matters.
The summit's not visible, neither the trail I left behind,
All I can see is that I have a mountain to climb. 

. . .

The eternity ends after many a night.
Now the dawn breaks and my apex is in sight.
Once Mt. Colossus, now remains just a hill.
All I feel are the cross-hairs as I shoot for the kill. 

This last stretch is a sprint, and then finally, I stop.
Rapture. Then reflection, and it's a marvelous view from the top.
I look around and there's clarity, even in my soul.
My trail to my roots, here I see my world as a whole.

What next from here? Go back or go on further?
Now that I have scaled one, I will always want another.
   To forge through the clouds and to bask in the shine.
I keep walking, I have mountains to climb.
-- khanabadosh

3 comments :

  1. "Home was warm and had everything I need.
    It was my playground, my school, my world indeed,
    and so it always will be, but this is my time,
    I stand here today 'cause I have a mountain to climb."

    Pristine, true lines.

    ReplyDelete

instagram